Sausage and Cabbage – Easy
I wanted to share a really simple recipe with you. I cooked it for dinner tonight and i just can’t believe how easy it was. Not an amazing amount of variety involved and could probably do with some potato served alongside it but i was feeling lazy.
- 1/2 head of savoy cabbage
- pack of 8 veggie sausages chopped roughly into small and medium sized pieces.
- 50g butter
- salt & pepper
- preheat the oven to 180C
- blanche cabbage for about 4 minutes, then cool and drain.
- lightly oil a casserole.
- put 1/3 of the cabbage into the casserole and press down.
- put 1/2 of the sausage on top, spread evenly and press down.
- add 25g of butter in small knobs
- add a layer of 1/3 of the cabbage.
- put the rest of the sausage on top.
- put the rest of the cabbage on and press down.
- add rest of butter in small knobs.
- put the lid on the casserole and bake for 1-2 hours depending on how much time you have (i only cooked it for 50 mins and it was fine but the longer the better).
SImple and delicious.