What Became of the Mascarpone?
After making the mascarpone, i realised that i was going away for the weekend, and that i needed to make some treats with all that mascarpone.
On Thursday night i went for a basic tomato mascarpone sauce for the freezer. Here’s a quick recipe recap…i kind of made it up as i went along so i didn’t write the recipe down but here goes:
- fry 2 chopped onions and 2 chopped cloves of garlic.
- add 250ml tomato sauce (not ketchup, like a pasta sauce / passata).
- add a tin of tomatoes.
- heat through
- add 250g mascarpone
- cook through
- reduce down a bit until it looks like a pasta sauce.
And then last night i used the rest on a leek pasta sauce:
- fry 3 medium sized leeks in olive oil / butter for about 15 minutes until leeks are soft.
- add 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- cook until stock has reduced by a half.
- add 250g mascarpone.
- cook through for about 5 minutes
- add 300g cooked spaghetti and leave to site for 5 mins for spaghetti to absorb the sauce.
- eat it all up (well, between 4 of you)